Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 23:59:53 -0700
From:      Bob Kot <bob_kot@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Fwd: New soundcard device driver -TurtleBeach Multisound Monterey for 3.x

I offer this new driver to any and all who are interested under the GNU
public license. Development was done solely on The Multisound Monterey
card (because it's the one I own). The Multisound family also includes
the older Classic, the later Pinnacle and Fiji. I would encourage
those users to at least try this driver. No guarantees!!!

This was also developed on FreeBSD 3.3-Release as I cannot abide
-current as a development environment. I have had some testers
report success in at least compiling/attaching this driver on
3.1-Release and  3.4-Release. So I also encourage anyone on the 3.x
branch to give it a try.

For info on capabilities, limitations, prospects , support and "grabbing
the goods" see

        http://www.treefort.org/~bobkat/msm_main.shtml

Driver is dual mode. Can be statically compiled into a new kernel or
built as a KLD module and dynamically loaded/unloaded from a running
kernel.

Any and all comments / constructive criticisms / compliments welcome.
Have at it. Crank up that mixer volume. Have some fun.

Which other FreeBSD lists might be intersted in this notice?

Bob Kot
Sonoran Desert