Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2006 23:42:58 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PCI VPD

I have made a patch exposes VPD information to devices so that they
don't need to have their own implementation.  The patch is available
at: http://people.FreeBSD.org/~jmg/vpd.sk.patch
It also makes sk use the VPD interface instead of hard coding the VPD
cap register and rolling it's own code...

This deals w/ two of the VPD capable devices that I have, one that has
valid data (an sk card), and my DViCO FusionHDTV5 Lite card that has
invalid VPD data...

I haven't implemented writing to VPD data yet as I don't have a card
that is capable.

Comments?

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579