Date:      Tue, 7 Jan 1997 11:03:42 +1300
From:      "Andrew Bevin" <zabeva@nzsakl.bhp.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as T1 router

> From: dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
> To: Tony Li <tli@jnx.com>
> Cc: isp@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: FreeBSD as T1 router
> Date: Tuesday, 7 January 1997 09:19
>

> My "point" was that there is no such thing as a magic box....there are
> problems/advantages/disadvantages to all products. Those that think
> if they buy Cisco or Ascend that they wont have any problems are
> misinformed.
>
> Dennis

I use a ET card as a router and it does the job well, but now I need to
move to a channellized E1/PRI ISDN as there are considerable cost saving
for me, line charge wise.

I would prefer to keep everything in a FreeBSD, or any Unix, environment.
But it seems I'll have to move to Cisco or Ascend, as I can't find any
product for FreeBSD.

I believe the fact that FreeBSD can serve as a straight T1 router is just
not enough for ISP's anymore.

 Andrew Bevin.