Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 2002 07:30:12 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@FreeBSD.org>
To:        hrs@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   request input from Japanese translators,

Hello,

We are discussing a pre-release -doc freeze to aid the translation
teams, and would appreciate your opinions.  This is still in the
initial stages, and we are still working out the details.

Our current idea is that the main -doc tree would be frozen for a week
before a release.

The release notes would enter a "soft freeze" during that time.  Only
vital updates would be entered.  Because the main source tree can be
updated during this time, we have difficulty freezing the release
notes.  Whenever possible, however, updates would go into the
post-release errata rather than the main release notes.

Would this be helpful to you?  Is a week long enough?

Thank you for any advice,

Michael

--
Michael Lucas		mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org