Date:      Sun, 2 Feb 1997 13:36:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Paul Traina <pst@Shockwave.COM>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   bin/2641: login_access.c doesn't work with NIS by default

>Number:         2641
>Category:       bin
>Synopsis:       login_access.c doesn't work with NIS by default
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT i386
>Environment:

3.0 current

login-access.c in src/usr.bin/login has code to check the NIS netgroup.
It is disabled by default.

Use the @group syntax in a login access file.

>Fix:

Since NIS is enabled elsewhere, this should be changed to a run-time
check to see if NIS is available and up, and then check the netgroup.
I'd do this myself, but it needs to be tested under various error
conditions too,  so I thought Bill might be interested in it.