Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 17:53:02 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
To:        Kent Berggren <kenta@sr.se>
Cc:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem Dial up and ppp

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Kent Berggren wrote:

> Hi!

Hej,

> I have tested the new vers of picobsd dialup vers in english.
>
> There are some problems for me.
>
> 1.
> The ppp.conf file do not work for me.
>
> As it seems to be the chat in ppp that do not work
>
> I did "set log local +chat +debug"
>
> I found out that the program sends commandon to my modem but do not get
> any echo back from the modem.
>
> I have turn on ATE1Q0 and I still don nog get any echo back.
> (I have tested 5 pc and 5 modems, it is the same problem)
>
> Then I enterd the "term" mod and ATDT xxxxxx to a modem pool.
>
> I got connected but did not get en echo from the term.
>
> ppp.conf file is okay as I use on my FreeBSD.
>
> Can any one tell me what to do?

Most probably your COMxx settings don't match the PicoBSD idea of where
the modem sits. Please try adjusting them in UserConfig editor (the
devices in question are sio0==COM1 and sio1==COM2). Don't mind which is
which - you can always set such parameters that e.g. sio0 matches your com
port...

> 2.
> I like to have a Swedish keyboard in PicoBSD.
> Is there a way to do that?
> (you dont like  som miss A-C, do you? :-)

It's not included by default, but you can install it on the floppy in /etc
directory - just copy appropriate file from full FreeBSD installation. See
manpage for kbdcontrol for details.

> 3.
> Can I use a ISDN-modem?

If you can see it as a COM port (FreeBSD: sio device), then yes.
Otherwise, you need to have one of supported models.

Andrzej Bialecki

//  <abial@webgiro.com> WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)
// ------ FreeBSD: The Power to Serve. http://www.freebsd.org --------
// --- Small & Embedded FreeBSD: http://www.freebsd.org/~picobsd/ ----