Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 10:16:01 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.5 woes and ed0 non-functional in 4.4

Hi Jim!

On 10 Mar 02 at 15:43 you wrote:

> I cvsup'd back to 4.4-RELEASE, built up a new world and kernel and
> now all is well, no page faults, but the ed0 driver just does not
> work. This is 4.4-RELEASE P9 .  The card is recognized, the irq,
> memory and port are correct, but it immediately says 'ed0 timeout'
> when you try to send packets through it.

I've had similar problems with several 'NE2000 compatible' ISA cards,
including, IIRC, one SMC card (don't remember the exact model number).

The only solution I've found is to try another card...
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Boy, that lightning came a little clo-********!!*******NO CARRIER