Date:      Fri, 4 Mar 2005 08:50:38 +0100
From:      Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Specifying MTREE_FILE in couple of freebsd-gnome maintained ports

Quite some time ago, the following snippets were added to several
freebsd-gnome maintained ports to use proper mtree file:

.if ${X_WINDOW_SYSTEM:L} == xfree86-3
MTREE_FILE=     /etc/mtree/BSD.x11.dist
.else
MTREE_FILE=     /etc/mtree/BSD.x11-4.dist
.endif

As it seems, this had to be done because these ports couldn't use USE_X_PREFIX
(as it implies X libraries dependency), but do use PREFIX = ${X11BASE}.
In rev. 1.503 of bsd.port.mk the decide-what-mtree-file-to-use logic was
modified to check for ${PREFIX} == ${X11BASE} case, which seems to make this
snippet in ports obsolete.
And now to the reason I'm nagging about this: the X.Org update includes some
cleanups to mtree. To work around the plist errors that would result by it a
temporary mtree file would be added to ports and bsd.port.mk modified to take
that one instead of BSD.x11-4.dist. These ports would either have to be
modified, but as it seems this MTREE_FILE specification is now redundant, it
can rather be removed alltogether.
The ports that have this:

lang/librep
textproc/scrollkeeper
x11-fonts/bitstream-vera
x11-fonts/fontconfig

So, what do you guys think?
I can send you a patch for this if you need one.

Dejan