Date:      Mon, 02 Jul 2001 06:39:42 -0700
From:      W Gerald Hicks <gehicks@pacbell.net>
To:        power jessie <jessie@power-jessie.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Question List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Help on HP Netserver E 45

Hi Jesse,

Let's keep it on the list, ok?  Someone else may be searching the
mail archives someday...

I'm not really sure about what happens these days on the Install CD;
Hopefully, the behavior is the same as I remember it.

When you start up there should be a brief pause and you should see
a 'spinning baton' prompt.  Hit any key before this finishes.

If this works you should see something like:

 >> FreeBSD/i386 BOOT
Default: X:YY(0,a)/ZZZZZZZZZ
boot: _

At the 'boot:' prompt enter
boot: 0:da(0,a)/boot/loader

Hope it works or at least gives up some useful information.

W Gerald Hicks
gehicks@pacbell.net