Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 1999 22:28:38 -0500
From:      David Vondrasek <david@davidv.net>
To:        "Alastair D'Silva" <deece@newmillennium.net.au>, "Freebsd-Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        cpeters2@home.com, charles@chickenbean.com
Subject:   Re: sendmail relaying rules causing problems

At 08:55 AM 8/24/99 -0700, Alastair D'Silva wrote:
> [...]

Another approach is to limit mail server access to only those users who have
authenticated themselves with a POP password. This is the so-called
POP-before-SMTP solution. Although this is more complicated to setup,
it is an excellent solution for providers that have "roaming users."

http://spam.abuse.net/tools/smPbS.html

David Vondrasek

http://www.davidv.net