Date:      Tue, 01 Aug 2000 02:14:05 +0400
From:      "Annushka" <shustraya@mail.ru>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X -window

 Hello!
  I really need your help.
  I'm trying to resolve a problem with downloading an  X-concole (xWindows}.
   I've already corrected the file:

  "router# grep ttyv /etc/ttys
  ttyv0   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         cons25  on  secure
  ttyv1   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         cons25  on  secure
  ttyv2   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         cons25  on  secure
  ttyv3   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         cons25  on  secure
  ttyv4   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         cons25  on  secure
  ttyv5   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         cons25  on  secure
  ttyv6   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         cons25  on  secure
  ttyv7   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         cons25  on  secure
  ttyv8   "/usr/X11R6/bin/xdm -nodaemon"  xterm   off secure "

   into:

 "ttyv8   "/usr/X11R6/bin/xdm -nodaemon"  xterm   on secure ",

    (activated the 8th concole)

 During the download, the x-Windows is asking for a password and after its entering  asks for the same password again over and over.
  At the same time command "startx" works fine.

  The "xdm-errors" file reads:

 "AUDIT: Mon Jul 31 05:58:39 2000: 298 X: client 3 rejected from local host
    Auth name: XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1 ID: -1
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
Error: Can't open display: :0   "

  An uncommented line     /dev/ttyv0 0600 /dev/console
   in  the file  /etc/fbtab   didn't help.

I can't figure it out myself what is the problem, therefore I'm turning  over  for help to You.
I would be very-ver glad to hear from You!
   Respectfully yours,
                                                  Annushka.

 Annushka
 shustraya@mail.ru