Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 1996 10:51:33 -0400
From:      dennis@etinc.com (Dennis)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: routing question

>I have a box with an ethernet interface and a slip line.
>The ethernet is on a different network than the slip line.
>What i want to know if I have to install a firewall to prevent
>people outside my complex to access my LAN.

Depends on whether or not the slip line is password protected.
If you have to log in the the system before slip is initiated, then
you shouldn't need a firewall.

Dennis

>	Tnks,
>	Amancio

Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25 for BSD/OS, FreeBSD
and LINUX