Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 1996 08:04:09 +0100 (MET)
From:      Rob Simons <rob@xs1.simplex.nl>
To:        nate@sri.MT.net, steve@edmweb.com
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP (iijppp) proxy ARP bug?

| > I seem to have found a bug in iijppp. It doesn't always delete the ARP
| > entry when the connection is closed. Further connections on that IP
| > address don't work until I manually arp -d the entry.
|
| This is a kernel bug which is fixed in -stable.  Upgrade your kernel
| sources to -stable and all will be well.

Can anyone upgrade the kernel sources of 2.1-RELEASE to 2.2-stable (I
assume you meant that) without expecting problems ?
And, is it really fixed, or do you mean that ugly hack about first
checking if there still is an old arp entry before setting up a new
one ?

Regards,

- Rob.

/*   Rob Simons                      |  rob@simplex.nl          *\
/*   Novell Netware System Operator  |  UNIX system operator    *\