Date:      Mon, 20 May 2002 12:15:02 -0700
From:      Gregory Carvalho <GregoryC@stcinc.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   GENERIC kernel Question

In FreeBSD 4.5-REL, I compiled using the stock GENERIC kernel configuration
file. The resultant kernel file is 192 bytes smaller than kernel.GENERIC.

Will someone provide a copy or diff -c of the GENERIC file used to construct
kernel.GENERIC?

This is significant because when I construct a bootable CDROM, following the
instructions at:

http://www.bsdtoday.com/2002/March/Features646.html

the kernel I compile from the GENERIC kernel configuration file causes a
spontaneous system restart when the loader passes the boot process to the kernel
(the copyright information does not display). However when I copy kernel.GENERIC
to kernel, the bootable CDROM works with the caveat that I must supply the
rootdev of acd0c in loader.conf or interactively in the absence of loader.conf.

TIA,
Gregory