Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2002 03:50:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/36604: FYI: Mac Toast and Disk Copy burn ISOs

The following reply was made to PR docs/36604; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To: Chris Pepper <pepper@mail.rockefeller.edu>
Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 14:44:33 +0300

 On 2002-03-31 20:28, Chris Pepper wrote:
 > Change
 >
 > "Windows/Mac users:  These are standard ISO images!  Most windows burner
 > software packages will deal with them just fine without having to change
 > them in any way."

 > "Windows/Mac users:  These are standard ISO images!  Most Windows and Mac burner
 > software packages will deal with them just fine without having to change
 > them in any way."

 IMHO, something more generic is needed.  Something like:

 	"Windows/Mac or other non-FreeBSD users:  These are standard ISO
 	images!  Most cdrom burner software packages (for Windows, MacOS,
 	or your favorite OS) should be able to deal with them just fine
 	without having to change them in any way."

 This way we'll avoid having to change that text snippet the next time that
 an OS pops out of Redmond that is not called Windows, and BeOS, AmigaOS, or
 whateverOS users will know that their own software can deal with the ISO
 images and stop worrying that they are being "left out" or something :)

 - Giorgos