Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:34:18 +0530
From:      Subhro <subhro.kar@gmail.com>
To:        NetAdmin <daemon@foxchat.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make.conf question

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 14:30:51 -0400, NetAdmin <daemon@foxchat.net> wrote:

<snip>
> How does one know what flags to use in /etc/make.conf?  I thought I
> "had" the right ones.

The "right" "one" is very much relative to the user and the purpose of
the system. For example on a development system I would enable
CFLAGS=-O3 and try to figure out what goes wrong if something fails to
work. On a the other hand I would never go over CFLAGS=-O on a
production box. /etc/defaults/make.conf and man make.conf prove to be
very good resources.

Regards
S.

--