Date:      Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:44:52 -0400
From:      Adam K Kirchhoff <akirchhoff135014@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   webcamd and snd_uaudio

Sometime recently, webcamd apparently became dependent on snd_uaudio.
This is a real pain seeing as I often prefer to use OSSv4.  When both
snd_uaudio and the OSSv4 kernel modules are loaded, the kernel panics.
I think preventing webcamd from loading snd_uaudio might be as simple as
editing the webcamd rc script, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
In an effort to prevent snd_audio from loading, I even moved the module
out of /boot/kernel/ but that just causes webcamd to segfault when it
tries to start.

Is there anyway to remove this dependency?

Adam