Date:      Wed, 9 Jul 2003 18:27:21 -0400
From:      "Ben Goodwin" <ben@atomicmatrix.net>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NSS Modules

 Hi guys ...

I thought I'd give you a heads-up that I'm porting libnss-mysql to the NSS
API that FreeBSD 5.1 has adopted in case anyone has input, suggestions,
wants to test, etc..
I'm also curious about including it eventually .. via ports or something
perhaps?
Is anyone else developing NSS modules for FreeBSD?

I believe I've figured out the API .. I've got a rudimentary test working,
so ...

Actually, I do have one question .. As I support more operating systems,
I've wondered about how to autoconf the different APIs .. right now if I see
nss.h I know it's one OS, and if I see nsswitch.h I know it's the other
(Linux vs. Solaris) .. but that doesn't hold true with FreeBSD added to the
mix.  Any recommendations on what I could do to create an API define that
holds the current O/S in a clean and reliable fashion?
Thanks!

    -=| Ben

http://libnss-mysql.sourceforge.net