Date:      Sat, 22 May 1999 22:36:20 -0700
From:      admin <admin@pacex.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Apache-fp install problem

Hi;

I have this consistent failure That I get when trying to install
Apache-fp.1.3.3 on FreeBSD 2.2.8-R
I have tried both the http://www.westbend.net/~hetzels/apache-fp/
package ant the one that comes with the ports collection. I am using the
default options and am trying to install it on an existing Apache 1.3.
server installed in </usr/local/apache> and  has a few name-based
virtual webs.

The error message is:
Starting install, port: 80, web: ""

Enter user's password: xxxxxxx
Confirm password: xxxxxx
Cannot create directory ""/usr/local/apache/share/htdocs"/_vti_pvt".
ERROR:  / installation failed.
Hit enter to continueGroup of this new web:[www]

    1.  ncsa
    2.  apache
    3.  apache-fp
    4.  apache-wpp
    5.  cern
    6.  netscape-communication
    7.  netscape-commerce
    8.  netscape-fasttrack
    9.  netscape-enterprise
What type of Server is this: [3]

Installing root web into port 80...

installing server / on port 80

Will chown web to admin as part of install.
Will chgrp web to www as part of install.

Starting install, port: 80, web: ""

Enter user's password: xxxxxxx
Confirm password: xxxxxxx
Cannot create directory ""/usr/local/apache/share/htdocs"/_vti_pvt".
ERROR:  / installation failed.
Hit enter to continue
Exiting due to an error!  Please fix the error and try again.

*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.