Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:29:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Bogen <db@bogen.org>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/37346: sudo-1.6.5p3.patch has been pulled

>Number:         37346
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       sudo-1.6.5p3.patch has been pulled
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
FreeBSD callisto.xxx.xxx 4.4-STABLE FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE #0: Tue Oct  2 18:45:13 PDT 2001     root@callisto.xxx.xxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CALLISTO  i386

Trying to upgrade to latest sudo release fails because the patch fetched from globalintersec.com fails the checksum test.  Examination of the patch file reveals its contents to be not a patch, but rather a note:

$ cat sudo-1.6.5p3.patch

Removed until embargo date (25/04/2002).
Please email research@globalintersec.com reporting the location
you sourced this URL from. If your cause is genuine we can, at
your request provide the patch file previously located at this
URL prior to the release date.
>How-To-Repeat:
Install ports.
CVSup.
cd /usr/ports/security/sudo
make
>Fix:
Remove the patch requirement from the port and/or manually override the checksum on the port using NO_CHECKSUM=yes at compile time.