Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 1996 16:27:53 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.5R Vat with SB16?

>From The Desk Of Mark Tinguely :
> >  Well, the sound driver's  3.5  on rah have not received a lot of
> >  testing on non-gus cards however if you like feel free to download
> >  ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/snd01041996.tar.gz
>
> when I used the 3.5 drivers from rah.star-gate.com on a sound blaster
> even showaudio a file results in incompete sound playing (the end of the file
> does not play as if the last part of the file is not flushed). I usually
> see these machine once during the install and then they go to the owner's
> homes so I don't have time to play with padding the sound file, I usually
> back the sound drivers to the release code for these machines.
>
> --mark.

If you have a machine handy with a SB16 , care to try out:
ftp://rah.star-gate.com:/pub/guspnp3-current.tar.gz

That sound driver is for FreeBSD-current it will not compile with
2.1x systems.

Now is a good time to start checking out the code with non-gus cards
since I (think) got some free time -- that said I have to take
off to one my contracts.

	Tnks,
	Amancio