Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 2002 18:12:01 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        re@FreeBSD.org, matusita@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Cross-platform releases

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

Hi!

This is just a heads up for anyone interested that I have just
started working on a cross-platform "make release" issue so that
"make release TARGET_ARCH=3Dalpha" on an i386 box would produce a
working Alpha release.

The next task will be to support cross-branch "make releases"
so that a 4.x box could be used to produce a 5.0 snapshot.

Combined together, that would give me an ability to test my
5.0 changes with "make release" on a fast 2x1GHz box that runs
-STABLE.

Supporting non-root "make release"s might be a good idea too.

Cheers,
--=20
Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA,
ru@sunbay.com		Sunbay Software AG,