Date:      Thu, 04 Apr 2002 08:56:48 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Gilles Kirouac <gkirouac@riq.qc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, nik@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Handbook unreadable in pdf format

If memory serves me right, Gilles Kirouac wrote:
> The latest edition of the FreeBSD Handbook of 02/04/02
> is unreadable with my Acrobat Reader 4.05C for Win-32.
> I get an error at every page I attempt to display.
>
> This is file book.pdf.zip 913497 bytes (1953457 bytes after unzipping)
> from
>
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

Hmmm.  Confirmed...I'm seeing similar problems (acroread4 under Linux
emulation, native gv/ghostscript), although book.txt.zip seems intact.
The copy on ftp8 seems similarly mangled.

I know the original sources are intact, since I just recently
(yesterday) did some builds of the doc set for 5.0-DP1 testing.

Could be something in the automated build scripts?

Bruce.