Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 1996 15:36:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      kline@tera.com (Gary Kline)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   arrrgh, this was working Sunday...

Last Sunday I  managed to auto-retrieve the file cnews.tar.Z
by typing ``make'' in the /cdrom/ports dir.  Now, while trying
to build elm, this happened:

>> elm2.4.tar.Z doesn't seem to exist on this system.
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://dsinc.myxa.com/pub/elm/
dsinc.myxa.com: gethostbyname herror (2):  Host name lookup failure
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports/distfiles/
ftp.freebsd.org: gethostbyname herror (2):  Host name lookup failure
>> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retreive this
>> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles and try again.
*** Error code 1

What did I do?   I remember adding some lines to /etc/sysconfig and
two new sites to /etc/resolv.conf.  When I do a `ps ax' I see
ncftp trying to retrieve the elm tar file...

Ideas, net gurus???

gary kline