Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 2013 18:42:28 +0200
From:      Laura Marie Feeney <lmfeeney@sics.se>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org" <freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org>, Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@freebsd.org>, "Sergey A. Osokin" <osa@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: suspend/resume on Lenovo X1 (regression from reports on wiki)

Hi

Yes! I now have working suspend/resume building xorg using the updated
ports and compile options that Gleb Smirnoff kindly pointed me at.

No xorg.conf is needed and all acpi options are as default.  It seems to
work correctly both with and without acpi_video and acpi_ibm in the
kernel.  It's still necessary to compile  out 'options VESA' from the
kernel, otherwise resume fails entirely.

I also observe the issue that Gleb Smirnoff mentions below, that the
xorg server is quite slow after result.  Using 'xterm -sb' and moving
the scrollbar up and down very fast, I was able to able to get the xorg
process up to ~20% of CPU.  On casual observation, it didn't seem to get
worse after several suspend/resume cycles.

Definitely suspend/resume are working and amazingly fast compared to 8.2
(though running on a much older machine).

Thanks to all for the useful suggestions!

Laura