Date:      Mon, 3 Dec 2001 20:11:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tim Erlin <tperlin@yahoo.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unavailable Dependencies?

I'm trying to add the qt-2.3.1 package and it fails
due to a dependency on Mesa-3.4.2_2, which is
unavailable in the ports tree. If I build the port,
however, it looks for Mesa-3.4.2_1, but fails to
complete the 'make' process.

I hate to pick on the ports/packages system, because
it's a wonderful system, but this strange
discrepancy
seems odd to me. Am I missing something?

TIA.
--Tim Erlin