Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 12:15:50 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        "McClain, Michael (SD-EX)" <MMcClain@gi.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: scattered documentation

> "McClain, Michael (SD-EX)" wrote:
>
> I'm finding it handy to link the various documentation packages
> together with html. Has anyone else tried a similar or different
> way to generate a documentation map?
> Care to exchange maps?

Install the docproj. The last time I tried doing an install, you had
to manually add the port /usr/port/textproc/docbook. But the docproj
meta-port installed everything else. I sent Nik some email but I
haven't noticed if it was fixed. The configuration asks what type of
documents you want. When you are thought with that, all you have to do
is update your documents with cvsup, do a make, and the make install
sets what ever language you have for a default in /usr/share/doc. I
have DOC_LANG=en_US.ISO_8859-1 in my login profile. I use KDE to sort
around the html files.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart