Date:      Sat, 3 Aug 2002 11:07:11 -0400
From:      "Stephane E. Potvin" <sepotvin@videotron.ca>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Jeffrey Roberson <jroberson@chesapeake.net>
Subject:   Re: ARM Port: Help with UMA subsystem needed

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 08:05:12PM -0400, Stephane E. Potvin wrote:
> I've been busy trying to bring the port back in sync with current.
> Now, each time I start my NetWinder, I get the following panic which
> I don't seem able to track the source. I would greatly appreciate if
> anybody knowledgeable with the UMA subsystem could give me a hint on
> what could be causing this.

I just found out that reverting this commit fixes the problem. Any
ideas about why other arches don't encouter the problem?

jeff        2002/06/19 13:49:44 PDT

  Modified files:
    sys/vm               uma.h uma_core.c
  Log:
  - Remove bogus use of kmem_alloc that was inherited from the old zone
    allocator.
  - Properly set M_ZERO when talking to the back end page allocators for
    non malloc zones.  This forces us to zero fill pages when they are first
    brought into a cache.
  - Properly handle M_ZERO in uma_zalloc_internal.  This fixes a problem where
    per cpu buckets weren't always getting zeroed.

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.9       +0 -1      src/sys/vm/uma.h
  1.30      +18 -16    src/sys/vm/uma_core.c