Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 2013 16:39:33 -0200
From:      Raimundo Santos <raitech@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: MPD PPTP seting 0 on net.inet.ip.forwarding

Ok, I have found some weird thing:

On 31 October 2013 16:08, Raimundo Santos <raitech@gmail.com> wrote:

> As you can see, there is no gateway_enable="YES", but there is
> net.inet.ip.forwarding=1 in /etc/sysctl.conf

MPD do not respect my configuration in sysctl.conf, only the one in
rc.conf. To test:

* put net.inet.ip.forwarding and net.inet6.ip6.forwarding = 1 in sysctl.conf
* put gateway_enable="YES" in rc.conf
* connect to PPTP server

You will see that net.inet.ip.forwarding, after PPTP connection are
stablished, remains 1, but net.inet6.ip6.forwarding goes to 0!

Is that behaviour expected?

Am I worng when setting a router without gateway_enable="YES" in rc.conf
but with net.inet.ip.forwarding=1 in sysctl.conf?

Thank you,
Raimundo Santos