Date:      Mon, 19 Dec 2005 09:11:24 +0100
From:      Riemer Palstra <riemer@palstra.com>
To:        "Jeff D. Hamann" <jeff.hamann@forestinformatics.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: httpd_flags="-DSSL"?

On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 07:03:02PM -0800, Jeff D. Hamann wrote:
> I've searched plenty looking for the proper method to get apache2 to start
> up at boot time with little success. I've tried the various combinations of
> httpd_flags/apache2_flags/apache_flags= to my rc.conf file to no avail:
>
> bobby# cat rc.conf
> blah, blah, blah...
> apache_enable="YES"
> httpd_flags="-DSSL"

You probably want apache2_enable="YES" and apache2ssl_enable="YES"
(although the last one has become obsolete by now). Alternatively, you
could still use apache2_flags="-DSSL" I think.

With the apache22 port, this has become somewhat easier, by including
extra/httpd-ssl.conf.

--
Riemer Palstra		     		      Amsterdam, The Netherlands
riemer@palstra.com				 http://www.palstra.com/