Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:30:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   What X server for ATI Rage Pro?

	I have an HP Omnibook that I am upgrading from 3.4 STABLE to 4.0 STABLE
	When I originaly set it up, about a year ago, XFRee86 did not support
	the ATI Rage Pro Garphichs chipset, and LCD screen.

	Looking at the XFRee86 site, it appears that they do now. Since I want
	to run VMWare, and this requires the standard XFRee86 X server (rather
	than the comercial one I was using). I need to get this working.

	Unfortunately, when I run XF86Setup, the scrren becomes unreadable. I
	think I can work through this by hand, using X -probeonly, if I can
	figure out which sever to use. Anyone know?

	Even better, does anyone have a config file for this?

	Thanks.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems