Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 1998 07:25:47 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/x11-toolkits/qt Makefile ports/x11-toolkits/qt133 Makefile

On Wed, Nov 11, 1998 at 03:44:23PM -0800, Satoshi Asami wrote:
>  * Yes, and then a respository copy from qt140 to qt141 ;-)
>
> You want a *what*? ;)
>
> After the latest qt and gtk debacle, I'm very weary of allowing
> another qt version in the tree.  I have a few questions I need to ask
> you first:

>From the website:

Version 1.41 adds several corrections, bug-fixes and minor
extensions to Qt version 1.40. For details, please see the
Qt Changes pages.

	http://www.troll.no/changes/

> (1) Is qt141 upwards compatible to qt140?  In other words, can I
>     change the USE_QT define in bsd.port.mk, cvs remove qt140 (in
>     other words, this is a straght upgrade, with the repository copy
>     only necessary because of the name change) and will the entire
>     world be happy?
>
> (2) If not, how hard do you think is it to fix all the ports that
>     don't work with qt141?

Can't say it ... only possibility to test it is to make the 1.41 port,
and every maintainer locally changes USE_QT to the new version and
lets see...

--
Andreas Klemm                                http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
     What gives you 90% more speed, for example, in kernel compilation ?