Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:59:53 +0100
From:      Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   changes in mozilla apps

Hi,
I'm finishing the pkg scripts and new mozilla.sh for firefox against a
tarball generated from firefox-1.0.1 cvs, and get that this must be of
interest:

- merge the uri-helper patch from mozilla to firefox/thunderbird.  This
makes gconf2/gnomevfs2 integration really works for external uris.

- make gnomevfs2 enabled in the default port (package build) for
firefox/thunderbird (not mozilla).  Again, this is needed not only for
gnome integration, but for achieved a common behavior in general
desktop.

- make and specific firefox/thunderbird faq entry (in gnome?) about the
use of gconf-editor to tweak desktop/gnome/url-handlers for
firefox/thunderbird.

- take out the XFT knob.  We only do gtk20 enabled builds.  I think this
come from the gtk1 era.

- make chatzilla non-default in mozilla (not mozilla-devel).  Now that
mozilla develop is done with larger syncs, I think is better use a
irc/chatzilla port that install the stable xpi.

- add direct enigmail support to mozilla and even make this part of the
default build.

Also, I can work -cvs ports (a la nightly builds) for mozilla apps upon
request.

--
  josemi