Date:      Sun, 23 May 1999 06:25:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jack Freelander <jack@rabbit.eng.miami.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jef <jam@winona.cs.miami.edu>
Subject:   Re: upgrade problems

> try to fsk partitions it was never told to touch.

We are complete idiots.  It was fsck'ing when we thought it was newfs'ing
and vice versa.

It did newfs / and /usr and left the others alone.

I am terribly sorry about the confusion.  It has been a long night, and
the upgrade process has been taxing.

The issue with the interface (particularly the Q command with regard to disk
labelling) is still relevant, but it turns out that we got completely
frightened and pissed off, when really we should have just been a little
annoyed.

christ be with you.

jack