Date:      Sun, 25 Oct 1998 08:51:09 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Reinier Bezuidenhout <Reinier.Bezuidenhout@KryptoKom.DE>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxp 10/100 and device timeouts

>I am doing some througput tests and I'm running into some problems
>with the Intel ether express 10/100B cards.
>
>I am using ttcp with udp packets and using different packet sizes. The
>connections are 100MB full-duplex connections with x-over cables.  The
>setup is as follows.

   Don't use cross-over cables. This was a known problem early on and Intel's
official response when I asked them about it was "cross-over cables aren't
supported with the Pro/100B cards".
   I suspect there is some bit of PHY programming that needs to be done that
isn't happening, but that's just a guess.

-DG

David Greenman