Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 1998 11:23:30 +0100
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
Cc:        Stefan Zehl <sec@yoda.pi.musin.de>, mike@smith.net.au, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Staroffice 4.0 sp3 running

On Wed, Jul 01, 1998 at 10:17:03AM +0200, Andre Albsmeier wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 29, 1998 at 08:59:40PM +0200, Andre Albsmeier wrote:
> > > However, the installed thing doesn't run properly and consumes only
> > > cpu time but I hadn't had time to investigate this yet...
> >
> > The installed program requires '/proc/<pid>/cmdline', too. Doing that
> > sed-thing again on the soffice.bin will probably help you.
>
> Thanks for the hint... After modyfing lib/libsal364.so as well
> Staroffice 4.0 SP3 is running here.
>
> So the complete instructions are:

I've been following this with some interest.

I've had StarOffice 4.0 (no service pack) running on my -stable box for a
while. The only problems I've seen with it are that it leaks shared memory
like a sieve, resulting in unpredictable lockups.

Are these fixed in SP3?

Work: nik@iii.co.uk                       | FreeBSD + Perl + Apache
Rest: nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk    | Remind me again why we need
Play: nik@freebsd.org                     | Microsoft?