Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2001 12:19:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Some binaries for CVSup SNAP_16_1e are now available

I have updated the s1g web page with some binaries for SNAP_16_1e:

    http://people.freebsd.org/~jdp/s1g/

This is the version that checks for a peer with the s1g bug and
refuses (politely) to talk to it.  Currently the page has binaries
of SNAP_16_1e for:

    FreeBSD-4.4 (i386 and alpha)
    NetBSD-1.5.2 (i386)
    BSD/OS 4.1 (i386)
    Debian GNU/Linux potato (i386)

I can build binaries for:

    OpenBSD-2.8 (i386)

and will do so as soon as possible.

If any of you sent me binaries that aren't in the list above, please
send me a gentle reminder.

If you are thinking about sending me binaries but haven't built them
yet, I would appreciate it if you'd contact me.  Ideally, binaries
should be built statically-linked against the Modula-3 libraries,
but dynamically-linked against the system libraries.  That way, they
will work with SOCKS.  However, this is somewhat tricky to do; the
most straightforward method involves rebuilding PM3 after applying a
small patch.

Having said that ... I'll gratefully take what I can get, and fully
static binaries are just fine as far as I am concerned. :-)

John