Date:      Fri, 25 May 2001 14:58:12 +0900 (JST)
From:      Daichi GOTO <daichi@ongs.gr.jp>
To:        Michael Westbay <westbay@seaple.icc.ne.jp>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [FYI] J2SDK v1.4 works on FreeBSD 4.2

Greate Michael! Thank you!!

> Try:
>
>     export LANG=ja_JP.eucJP
>     export LC_ALL=$LANG
>     export LC_MESSAGES=$LANG
>
> Testing demo/jfc/Font2DTest with both ja_JP.EUC and ja_JP.eucJP, I find that
> the eucJP works as expected, whereas EUC doesn't paint correctly in edit box
> (User text in the Text to use option).
>
> I just so happened to notice man/ja_JP.eucJP when installing, which gave me
> the idea to try it (as I usually also have LANG set to ja_JP.EUC).

Yes, it's greate.

LANG=ja_JP.eucJP
LC_ALL=$LANG
LC_MESSAGES=$LANG
XMODIFIERS="@im=kinput2"

I can input Japanese text through kinput2(XIM) with Notepad and Stylepad demo
applications.
# I tested three XIM program; kinput2, vje and xwnmo. Vje and xwnmo get fail.

Michael, you can see Japanese fonts on Font2DTest demo application?
I can not get it with my installed fonts(Fujitsu font city; fifty kinds of Japanese fonts).
But with serif or something, I can get it. Probably attachment else is necessary.

Thank you. I am glad very much.

Daichi T.GOTO(ONGS)
    http://www.ongs.net/daichi, daichi@ongs.gr.jp