Date:      Sun, 22 Jan 2006 23:48:29 -0600
From:      John <john@starfire.mn.org>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   gtk library for linux application?

I am trying to run a Linux application on my 5.3-STABLE FreeBSD
system, but it needs a gtk library.  Having the equivalent native
FreeBSD library is apparently of no consequence.  I can find Linux
RPM source bundles for this all over the place, but I can't seem
to find the binaries anywhere.  I'm not sure I'm ready to try
creating Linux-compatible libraries on my FreeBSD machine, nor
learning the ins and outs of RPM.

Does anyone have a libgtk-1.2.so.0 (and any dependent libraries)
that they could send me so that I can drop it (them) into
/usr/compat/linux/usr/lib and hope to run this thing?

Thanks!
--

John Lind
john@starfire.MN.ORG