Date:      22 Apr 2002 12:40:14 -0400
From:      "Kirk R. Wythers" <kwythers@umn.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   kde3

I am having a little trouble getting kde3 to compile. I have installed
qt 3.0.3, but I was wondering if I should be doing anything besides cd
to /usr/ports/kde3 and doing a make, make install?

The http://www.kde.org/install-source.html, says to:

If you installed qt-3.0.3 :
bunzip qt-x11-3.0.3.tar.bz2
tar xvf qt-x11-3.0.3.tar
cd qt-3.0.3
export QTDIR=$PWD
./configure -system-zlib -qt-gif -system-libpng -system-libjpeg
-plugin-imgfmt-mng -thread -no-stl -no-xinerama -no-g++-exceptions
make Note that -thread is required (KDE will not run or even compile if
you omit it), that -no-xinerama is only if you're not using xinerama,
and -no-g++-exceptions is strongly recommended if you're using gcc.

but that was put up before kde3 was moved to the ports collection. Does
the same still go?

Thanks,

Kirk

--
*NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS*

Kirk R. Wythers				email: kwythers@umn.edu
University of Minnesota			tel: 612.625.2261
Department of Forest Resources		fax: 612.625.5212
Saint Paul, MN 55108