Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:49:38 -0500
From:      "JoeB" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "FBSDQ" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ipfilter/ipmon log msgs

I have read both the Freebsd.org online man page
and the man page installed on my FBSD 4.7 system for man ipmon
and the man page info does not match the syntax of the
ipfilter.log messages.

Man ipmon says than when option -s is selected to send ipfilter
log messages to syslogd the day, month, year prefix is removed from
the message before posting to syslogd.  This does not happen.

I also see that the message posted in the syslogd contains the pid
(running task number of ipmon)
in the posted message. This is not documented in man ipmon.

FBSD 4.7 contains a updated release of ipfilter. Is it possible that
the FBSD man page info was not updated to the new release?????