Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:53:19 +0900
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@bisd.hitachi.co.jp>
To:        holtor@yahoo.com
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: inetd internel auth problem

holtor> After reading the posting I've switched my fbsd
holtor> machines from pidentd to this internal auth. Since
holtor> that I have noticed one [problem/bug/mistake].
holtor> It provides the username well, the problem comes in
holtor> when I simply do:

holtor> telnet localhost 113

holtor> And then quit the telnet. Then I run "top" and i see
holtor> inetd using almost 100% CPU. It stays at full CPU
holtor> util the connection "times out" which is the default
holtor> of 10 seconds.

holtor> I'm certain this can't be normal behavior. I've been
holtor> able to reproduce this on every single fbsd machine
holtor> I have.

Are you using client username lookup feature of tcp_wrapper something
like `ALL : ALL@ALL : allow'?  If so, make sure to disable it for
`auth'.  Put `auth : ALL : allow' line before every rule in
/etc/hosts.allow.

--
Hajimu UMEMOTO @ Business Solution System Development Div., Hitachi Ltd.
E-Mail: ume@bisd.hitachi.co.jp ume@mahoroba.org  ume@FreeBSD.org