Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 2008 01:54:29 +0200
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Magic symlinks redux

--------------enig606CF2509034CF55F2FFDB2E

I was reading about new things in NetBSD, and one thing caught my=20
attention: per-user /tmp. See=20
http://www.feyrer.de/NetBSD/bx/blosxom.cgi/nb_20080714_0251.html for=20
example.

Google says that a discussion about magic symlinks happens every now and =

then in FreeBSD but nothing really gets done. I found this=20
implementation which looks like it's for 7.0:

http://butcher.heavennet.ru/patches/kernel/magiclinks/

As far as I understand the VFS (which isn't much...) this looks like an=20
trivial patch, and it's compatible with NetBSD. Since I'm interested in=20
this (specifically for the per-user /tmp and maybe similar gadgetry),=20
I'd like to nurse this patch into the tree, if there are no objections=20
(of course, I'll bug anyone I can find who knows VFS to review it :) ).