Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2000 19:12:37 +1100
From:      "Lachlan O'Dea" <lodea@vet.com.au>
To:        Ivan Fetch <ivanfetch@technologist.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How is the FreeBSD handbook written?

On Mon, Feb 14, 2000 at 12:51:11AM -0700, Ivan Fetch wrote:
> Hello,
>    Possibly this would be better off posted to freebsd-doc (if so I
> apologize)?  I was wondering what tool(s) are used to create the FreeBSD
> handbook.  I like the look-and-feel of it and would like to produce the
> same stile in my own documentation.

The handbook (and most of the other documentation) is written in SGML
with the DocBook DTD. DocBook is Good.

All of the gory details can be found at:

http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/sgml.html

--
Lachlan O'Dea <mailto:lodea@vet.com.au>   Computer Associates Pty Ltd
Webmaster                                   Vet - Anti-Virus Software

"doing what little one can to increase the general stock of
knowledge is as respectable an object of life, as one can in
any likelihood pursue" - Charles Darwin