Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 06:55:03 -0600
From:      Chris Csanady <ccsanady@nyx.pr.mcs.net>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Coda File system...

For those who are interested, I came across a rather interesting project at
CMU.  The Coda file system is a file system based on AFS, but extended to
provide increased availability even when completely disconnected--suitable
for mobil users as well.  I've not had a chance to look at the copyright, or
source, but I think the terms would be ok. The page is at:
  http://www-cgi.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/coda/Web/coda.html

If the code is fairly mature, perhaps its worth a look.  If not, I think its
essentially AFS, plus more.  Possibly we could reverse engineer it and end
up with a standard AFS.  Either way, I would love to see a real remote
filesysem for FreeBSD. :)  Although I've looked, I've never been able to find
the original AFS source from before it went commercial. :(  If anyone has this,
I'd love to get a copy...

--Chris Csanady