Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2000 12:49:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>, jasone@canonware.com, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:  SMP meeting summary

::priority? or a FIFO queue is good enough?
::
::-lq
:
:    I've found the a sorted queue is best for this sort of thing.  It
:    is possible to do a low-overhead sorted queue by having the insertion
:    code scan from the beginning forward AND the end backwards until it
:    finds the insertion point.  Usually it finds the insertion point in only
:    one or two iterations.
:
:    The wakeup code then simply pops the first proc from the queue and wakes
:    it up.

    Scrap my last comment, I must be high.

    Jason's explanation is the right one (priority lending).

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>