Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 17:08:05 +0200
From:      Sakari Jalovaara <sja@tekla.fi>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More breakage in -current as a result of header frobbing.

> I'd like a system where I could 'pend a commit' and have it run
> through a build-test and then be committed if it passed (and no one
> else had touched the files I've been working on in the meantime).

Or, for a simpler system: run "rm -rf /usr/obj; make" in a loop
on a dedicated box.

If build fails, automatically send "tail -100 make.out" to everyone
who has committed in the last few hours.

Pro: a useful service for committers who can't (or can't be bothered to)
make world always.

Con: requires a fast-ish extra build box.  May tempt folks to test
their changes less "'cos the build box will do it anyway".
									++sja