Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 1995 14:41:20 +0100
From:      mal@plato.algonet.se (Mats Lofkvist)
To:        dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au
Cc:        sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xfree86 now has the DGA extension

When talking about fast frame buffer access, is there someone "fixing" the
XFree86 code to use extra video memory for fast multibuffering or at least
for caching of _large_ pixmaps?

[The reason I want this is because I use the Mesa OpenGL-like library for
an application drawing a quite simple view (mostly largeish flat shaded
polygons). The fix above would allow accelerated drawing in double buffer
mode, currently I have to use single buffer mode (with colormap animation)
for speed.]

      _
Mats Lofkvist
mal@algonet.se