Date:      Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:56:42 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Which TAG(s) in /etc/make.conf to enable using KERBEROS5/Heimdal

Hello.

I have a fundamental question to Heimdal/Kerberos5.
I wish to use Kerberos5/Heimdal on our FreeBSD systems (running
actualy 4.7-pl3).

My first attempts failed because I only enabled MAKE_KERBEROS5=YES
in /etc/make.conf as the only build TAG, so when I was trying to
do some installation tasks described in /usr/src/crypto/heimdal/doc
I ran into trouble due to missing of some administrative tools (I can
not remember what; I know, this is really unspecific). I solved the
problem by enabling both MAKE_KERBEROS5 AND MAKE_KERBEROS4 in
/etc/make.conf.

Can anyone tell me whether it is right enabling both or is this simply
nonsense? Maybe several code parts of KRB5 relies on parts of KRB4 so it is
needed as well to build KRB5/Heimadal, but I did not find any useable
documentation about this, neither some basic instructions nor further
readings how to play with Heimdal specificaly on FreeBSD.

Can you help?
I would appreciate your hints.

Thanks a lot.

Oliver

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institutes fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinenraum)