Date:      Wed, 3 May 1995 08:05:04 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Soldering irons [Was Re: looking for IP over printer...]

As Joe Greco wrote:

[nice cabling story deleted -- yes, i'm also used to prepare cables myself]

> But for the everyday hacker, who isn't comfortable with a soldering iron, I
> might be inclined to agree with you.

This reminds me the guy asking in Usenet if he could use a Sun optical
mouse at a PC, too.  My answer ``I've did it.  I've simply replaced
Data General's [where my mouse was from] Mini-DIN-connector by a DB-9
connector.'' -- ``How did you do this exactly?'' -- ``Very simple:
i've cut off the Mini-DIN and soldered a DB-9 instead.'' -- ``Oooh, I
see: very simple.''

:-)

--
cheers, J"org